What does it take to wake up looking and feeling refreshed every morning? To wake up with silky hair (or at least your hairstyle even vaguely intact), glowing skin and bright shiny eyes, takes a little before bed maintenance. Here are my tips for a perfect beauty sleep.
1. Go to bed early! The most obvious, however, if I force myself to switch of the TV and computer a good 1/2 hour before getting into bed, and make sure I get in at a decent hour, I’m much more likely to get my much needed 8 hours of sleep.
2. If you have trouble going to sleep, try this amazing Gaba Ali Shan Tea, which has most people horizontal pretty quickly. It also tastes delicious and was a recent (and very lucky) find of mine.
3. Use the Essence de Valli sleep kit. My husband, who is a former insomniac, loves this essential oil kit (sprays, balms etc) for helping him to drift into a deep sleep.
4. Make sure you use a really nourishing night creme and eye cream. When you have the heat turned up in the Winter this is especially important.
5. Use a good natural eyelash conditioner. I’m in love with LashFood.
6. Use one of these amazing anti-aging satin pillow cases. I cannot recommend this more highly. I cannot live without mine now and have to take it with me when I travel. It helps guard against wrinkles – especially if you smooch your face into your pillow – but best of all, it helps my hair look smooth and silky when I wake up – phew!
7. Finally, get your ear plugs in. You never know what sound might wake you up. Pick up a pack of Hearos eco-friendly ear plugs from Target or your nearest drugstore and you’ll be set.