There are certain big ticket items that have changed my life for the better. As this is the time of year when a lot of you are finalizing your wedding registry lists, allow me to give you some ideas!! You might even have a birthday coming up…
1. Vitamix: Until I actually owned a Vitamix, I didn’t really understand quite how much this one machine could do. I’d seen a demo in Whole foods a couple of years back and kind of wanted one to create super food granitas and such, but OMG, now I have one sitting on my kitchen counter, my life has changed! My Vitamix has allowed me to become pretty lazy in my kitchen – if it can’t be thrown into my Vitamix and created in under 20 seconds…why bother?? I know that I haven’t even tapped it’s full potential, but I already use it to make smoothies, grantitas, hot and cold soups, almond milk, cashew cream, pesto, cookies, and much much more. The single most miraculous action it performs is to make hot soup without even cooking the veggies – sorry, hot soup in seven minutes! Yes, a hefty price tag for sure, but a good investment? hello – for you and your family’s health, it will pay itself back inside of a year. Oh, and I also make my skin care recipes in it too (got an extra jug to use just for that.)
2. 360 Cookware: This cookware has completely changed the way I cook and allows me to cook even more healthy dishes than before. Since I got rid of all my toxic cookware years ago, I have been slowly accumulating a collection of cookware that will last me a lifetime. Never buy cheap cookware because it won’t perform well, and it won’t last. 360 Cookware is engineered to last forever. I don’t know where to begin to explain to you how it works – it uses a vapor technology, which is so incredible – visit their website and check it our yourself. If you are going to register for a big ticket item, go for their slow-cooker (best on the market), and if you are gifting youself I suggest you choose the 2 quart saucepan with a cover. I use this pan almost every single day.
3. Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: If you are a baker, this needs no explanation. I love baking and only got one of these a year ago. My muffins and cakes are now a whole lot better. My one caveat is that you need enough space to let it stand out on your counter because it’s too heavy to want to haul out of a cupboard every other day.
4: Cuisinart PerfecTemp Tea Kettle: If you are a tea drinker and enjoy both black, green and white tea, this kettle is an absolute must. It has a different temperature setting for each kind of tea you brew. Keep in mind that most green teas should be brewed at around 160 degrees and white teas, even less. If you don’t use the correct temperature, you risk ruining your expensive loose tea.
5. Soda Stream: We drink a lot of fizzy water in our family. My husband and I enjoy sparkling water with lemon and mint in the summer and my daughter drinks gallons of fizzy water with a little added organic fruit juice (WAY better than soda). This eco friendly device saves on the packaging, expensive and hassle of buying bottles of sparkling water – a great summer gift.
6. Organic Wool Bedding System from Surround Ewe: Most conventional mattresses, pillows and toppers are filled with a cocktail of toxic chemicals. If you want to avoid these altogether, wool is the way to go. It has a plethora of benefits including being a natural fire retardant. If you surround yourself with organic wool when you sleep, you will immediately notice the difference. It has completely changed my life. The Wool Bed Company creates the most beautiful handmade heirloom mattresses, toppers and pillows. It’s a lifetime investment that will serve you well. BTW, if you can’t afford a mattress, think about a mattress topper because this will minimize your exposure to the harmful chemicals in your current mattress.