The Organic Pharmacy carries top notch organic products and for those of you who asked, they have mother and baby products and men’s products too. They have also just opened a new store in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. Thank you for all your comments. A winner was randomly picked this morning to win The Organic Pharmacy giveaway: Comment #12 (Amanda Dominquez). Congratulations Amanda, and enjoy your products. Watch this space for more amazing giveaways.
Check out my interview with Margo Marrone:
- What is the Organic Pharmacy? The Organic Pharmacy is the result of a life time of experience and passion combining my homoepathic and pharmacy background and my husband’s design and vision and our organic lifestyle. The result is a store where you can come in for professional , caring advice on any health ailment and get treated using homemopathy, herbs and nutrition and wall to wall of carefully formulated skin care free from all the toxins found in conventional cosmetics. Also at the heart of the pharmacy is a herbal and homeopathic dispensary where customised remedies can be dispensed as well as a day spa where signature facials, massages, manicures and pedicures are combined with health scans in our on site clinic.
- Is every single ingredient you use organic? Not every single ingredient as some ar not available as organic but most of our skin care is over 95% organic which is a huge achievement.
- What are your thoughts about toxic chemicals in skin care products? This is part of the reason that led me to look for an alternative 10 years ago when I first became aware ad when I was pregnant. There is a real concern there which can no longer be ignored nor should it be ignored. Being a pharmacist it is much easier for me to recognise toxic ingredients but for the average consumer it is a mine field. So I wanted to create a place where I did the checking for them and I still do.
- Are the regulations for safe skin care products more stringent in Europe (compared to the US)? Slightly more stringent but they are both a bit loose and could do with a lot more banning of ingredients.
- What makes your products therapeutic? I have used a lot of my homeopathic knowledge and herbal knowledge to create products that really work. The levels of actives that I use in the products are of a homeopathic medicinal level to have a therapeutic action.
- What are your thoughts about green washing? When I first started there was very little on the market in terms of genuine organic products. Since then of course it has become much more popular as companies identify a marketing opportunity or a gap in the market and may not have the same passion or authenticity being their brand as we do.
- Why did you start The Organic Pharmacy? I was studying homeopathy nearly 14 years ago when I became aware of the term organic. That virtually changed my life around and I understood what was being done to our food that would ultimately affect our health. A few years later I became pregnant and became aware of the toxins that went into cosmetics. As a pharmacist and homeopath my passion was to help people get better using herbs and homeopathy . The idea of the organic pharmacy was a natural progress of both my research, passion, lifestyle and the amazing design skills of my husband whose had a very clear vision of how a modern organic luxurious brand should look. The Oragnic Pharmacy has grown into a place of caring and has become a trusted name in the field, something I am very proud of.
- Do you think the future of skin care is going to take us towards more transparancy? I really hope so, we have some way to go!
- What about your packaging? We sue a lot of glass and our plastic is inert and recyclable. The paper and cardboard we use all recycled and our plastic bags are now biodegradable from corn as well as our packaging for shipping.